Greetings! It’s been a while. I took a three year break from blogging to focus on other areas of my life. Here are the cliff notes on how my life has changed over the last three years:
- In the spring of 2017, I graduated from the University of California, Berkeley with a masters degree in public health. Go Bears!
- I got my dream job in tech philanthropy working to strengthen nonprofits serving low-income families in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
- I travelled to 12 countries across five continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America).
- In the Fall of 2018, my mother passed away unexpectedly. The world as I knew it forever changed. I withdrew socially to heal my broken heart and leaned into solitude. I later committed to talk therapy, yoga and introspection.
- In the Fall of 2019, I took an epic solo trip to East Africa to reconnect with myself and the motherland. Visiting Kenya and Zanzibar reinvigorated my spirit and reminded me that I have so much more living to do. I recommitted to passion projects and sharing my love for travel.
Here is what’s to come
Ya girl has been sitting on so many powerful travel stories and nuggets of wisdom. I can’t wait to share my favorite travel destinations and budget insights. I traveled to 12 countries in the last three years and had lots of epic adventures. From biking 60km on Death Road in the Yungas Region of Bolivia to up close and personal experiences with BIG CATS while on safari in East Africa. I will share all the deeds on these trips in the coming months. Below is a preview of what’s to come.
- Tips on budget travel ranging from saving for trips, getting flight deals, and saving while on the road.
- Coronavirus and travel how to navigate travel during and after a pandemic. Information on canceling travel plans, accessing travel deals and overcoming fear and anxiety.
- Insights on solo female travel safety tips, ideal destinations, and why solo travel is unique.
I am excited to reboot the blog and reconnect with my audience. Let’s march forward!
4 Comments Add yours
Wow! I’m happy you’re back blogging and I cant wait for future posts!
Thanks Tehlyr! I appreciate the love. I hope you are well!
Happy you rebooted your blog and thanks for sharing your wisdom, insights into your life and your travel adventures with the world. Excited to keep reading!
All smiles! Thanks for being a reader, I appreciate you!